Saturday, April 2, 2011

THE READING ROOM

Hi, missed a few days. They weren't exciting or anything, just cleaning.

I have been reading again. I joined the PaperBackSwap.com   yes PBS. It is so much fun. You pay to ship out a book (buy postage online). Then when you receive a book you want, the postage is paid for you.

Here are the books I have received so far: First two are on their way.

Letting Go of Your Bananas: How to Become More Successful by
Getting Rid of Everything Rotten in Your Life
Shoes : A Celebration of Pumps, Sandals, Slippers & More
The Art of Kissing
The Edgar Cayce Primer : Discovering the Path to Self Transformation
Intimates Through Time: Edgar Cayce's Mysteries of Reincarnation
Knitting With Novelty Yarns : Exploring Color, Texture, and Style
The Mozart Effect: Tapping the Power of Music to Heal the Body,
Strengthen the Mind and Unlock the Creative Spirit
Suffering into Joy: What Mother Theresa Teaches About True Joy
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time
The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club (Lord Peter Wimsey, Bk 5)

Every time you send out a book you get a credit (1), if it is an audio book then 2 credits.
I have been having such a great time. Since my head injury I have missed reading. So it is a slow go. I read at night because I get double vision. I also look for large print versions while I am browsing.

I have finished 'The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club (Lord Peter Wimsey, Bk 5)'. It is typical Dorothy L. Sayers writing which is terrific. I am a sucker for the British Mysteries.
'Suffering into Joy: What Mother Theresa Teaches About True Joy' I have also finished and swapped it with a friend for another book on Mother Teresa.

I am presently reading many at the same time as they are spiritual books or else so intellectual that I have to go very slow.

A friend loaned me, 'The Awakening Heart' about a topic near and dear to my heart. It is about a near death experience that Betty J. Eadie wrote about. See my earlier writings if you want to know my take on the subject. Go see 'MY TRIP TO THE OTHER SIDE AND BACK'.

Well, have a good read and let me know on facebook what you are reading at: Barbara McQuiddy and tell me you are also a book lover. If you belong to PBS then go and read my reviews on the above books. if you think you would also like to read them then join up and you can request them from me. And thanks to all who have recommended books to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment