Monday, August 13, 2012

Muselums in North America

I got an email last week about a book written by Nonie Darwish. It seamed like a Hate Mail, so I decided to investigate it my self. Here is what I learned:

Well I did my research on Nonie Darwish, she did not write that email. Doesn't mean there isn't any truth in it. There is no book named Joys of Muslim Women. But she did write several other books: "Cruel and Unsual Punishment" About her experiences in Egypt, mostly about sharia law. I read a lot of the book online (they only have excerpts). The other one was "Now they call me Infidel" and "The Devil We Don't Know: The Dark Side of Revolutions in the Middle East". I am going to check out Salman Rushdie's book "The Satanic Verses" too. Then I picked up the "Portraits" July-Aug issue on Sunday. Coincidence? I don't think so.

There are some very good articles in it about refugees that have been sent here from refugee camps around the world. Some have been there for as long as 20 years. What a wonderful way to have an impact on all peoples & religions around the world. So I looked up refugee rescue programs. The most extensive one is in Tucson where the SBCA are very invloved and they will do training. The closest program here is an interfaith one in Phoenix. Too far for me to go to become apart of that one. So what are we willing to do for God and Country? Are we willing to give up our time to teach english to Muselum women and children; find them a home; help them to find a job; teach them to drive; show them how to understand American society (how to flush a toilet because they have never seen one)?  Are we willing to sacrifice our lives to start our own program here in AJ and Mesa?

Education is a powerful tool. If you educate the women and show them the way to the truth, they will teach their children. When we fear sharia law and the men who will wield that power how better to help all of us than by giving the victims of these barbarians the faith and tools to free themselves?

So what are you afraid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment